Monday, November 1, 2010

Trick-Or-Treat!


"Bing-bong, yeah it's me, just give me the candy."

Part of me feels like I'm getting old - I was more excited this year about staying in and just passing out candy to kiddos than getting crazy. However, I'm clearly still a kid at heart - I guess you could say I don't hate costumes (pretty much anything with a theme and I'm in) and I'm like a 5 year old when it comes to candy. I have no self-control.

This year we spent the evening with our dear friends, Micah and Aaron, up in Oklahoma....I mean North Frisco, but same thing, right? We grilled burgers, drank wine, passed out candy and watched the (unbelievably disappointing) Rangers game.



Micah and Aaron just became the proud parents to this little cutie. She's an 11 week old Italian Greyhound named Lily. I'm going to guess she weighs 2 pounds...about 54 pounds less than Miss Stella, but wouldn't you know they became the best of friends.

After a few strange looks from the mothers in the neighborhood, Micah and I decided to nix the wine glasses and switch to plastic Rangers cups. Too bad it didn't bring them good luck.

The game may not have had a good outcome but our Halloween certainly did. I say that now but when the 12 candy bars I ate last night catches up with me, I'll be singing a different tune.

I hope all of you had a very Happy Halloween, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment