Monday, November 8, 2010

TheLaska....Part Three

Time to wrap up our amazing trip to Alaska...

5/15/2006
I'm back on a plane leaving the greatest trip ever! My days are all mixed up because we haven't actually slept yet (except for a few minutes on the flight from Anchorage to LA) plus we had a pretty busy day yesterday. Scott and Mindi made us eggs and french toast for breakfast then we packed up lunches and drove out to some "moderate" hiking trail. Moderate according to whom? It ended up being somewhat difficult and we might have made it to the top if it weren't for the 30 pound bag we were lugging and the mosquitos that were the size of small birds! Instead, we hiked back down and had a picnic at Kincaid Park with Mt. McKinley as our backdrop. We did a little more hiking and called it a day.

Since it was Mother's Day we figured we'd better find something good for our moms so we went shopping in downtown Anchorage. We found some great souvenirs and cute gifts then made our way back to the house.


After getting cleaned up and resting a bit, we all started dinner. It turned out to be delicious!! Grilled salmon, corn on the cob, a tasty salad - yum! We played CatchPhrase before heading to the airport for our flight that left at midnight. I wish we could have stayed a few more days but now it's time to start thinking about my next adventures. Moving, the big interview, the cruise, and then Italy! I'll worry about catching up on sleep later.

Goodbye, Alaska!

**I think if I could re-live any month of my life (with the exception of the month I married Brad, I would do that over in a heartbeat) the month we went to Alaska would have to be it. Not only was our trip to Alaska incredible, but three days after that I went on a cruise through the Caribbean with my dad, stepmom, and sister for a week. THEN a few days after that vacation I flew to Italy for a couple of weeks with my mom's side of the family. May of 2006 was certainly a whirlwind adventure filled with wonderful memories....if only I'd started blogging earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment