Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Surprise!

If you know me, you know I love a good surprise especially if I'm the one doing the surprising. So on top of it being gameday in Stillwater (which I've missed greatly), I was beyond excited to surprise my Dad at the tailgate party.

The day kicked off with a good WalMart run. A tailgate wouldn't be a tailgate without Amy's famous Seven Layer Bean Dip. If you haven't had it, you're missing out so get there early because it goes fast no matter how much there is.

The weather was chilly and overcast but that made it all the more fun. And it certainly didn't seem to stop my Dad from fitting in a round of golf that morning so the big surprise would have to wait. In the meantime, I was able to catch up with my family, in-laws, sister-in-law, friends and of course stuff my face with delicious food.
Then it was time for the big surprise. My mom was getting updates from my Dad's buddy who he played golf with on where they were and when they would be arriving. So when it was time, I went and made friends with another group of tailgaters and hid in their tent. When I saw my Dad walking up I came up behind him and said "Happy Birthday, Dad." It took a good 3 seconds for him to process what he was looking at. "Heeeeeeeey! What are you doing here!"

We had a few more hours until kick off which meant plenty of time for eating, chatting, and my new favorite game - Lifesize Jenga. That's right, Jenga blocks made out of 2x4's and for the record, I won.

This may be one of the greatest pictures of all time (with the execption that Stephanie disappeared right when we were about to take it). Check out my Dad. I love it! Just one of the girls.

So we ran with it. (He's going to kill me for this.)

Stephanie and I went to the first half of the game then watched the rest at the tailgate sitting around the fire with the rest of the group.

The Cowboys beat the Raiders 24 - 17 which meant the night would not be complete without a trip to "The Strip." So for old times sake me, Amy, and Micah ventured to our old stomping ground, Willies, for a couple of drinks and reminiscing.

And that is where the night ended. The day was quite a success!
I'd love to do it again next year but next time Brad HAS to come with me. He was missed by all...especially me.

No comments:

Post a Comment