Monday, November 30, 2009

There's No Place Like Home

I wish getting back to the US was as easy as clicking my heels (carefully, of course) but since it's not, some serious planning was put forth. With OSU playing Texas Tech a couple of days before my Dad's birthday I figured it was the perfect time for a surprise trip home. A lot of my family was in on it and several friends but now that Facebook has become a part of our everyday lives, I had to keep in on the downlow so he wouldn't find out.

I flew from Frankfurt to DFW on Wednesday, November 11th where my BF, Micah, was going to pick me up. Little did I know, there was a surprise waiting for me! My other BF, Amy, showed up, too! Drove all the way from Stillwater on a whim to surprise me. Oh, happy day! Within about an hour of the trip, Amy suddendly "got the pig flu" and decided there was no way she was going to be able to work the next day. J.A.M (cheesy, I know) was back together, once again.

So what does one do on their first night back in Texas with her two best friends? Eat Mexican food and drink margaritas, duh. Then finish off the night with a glass of wine while watching Golden Girls. Perfection.

We spent the next morning being lazy and watching more Golden Girls followed by an afternoon of shopping. By the way, Target - I miss you dearly. The day ended with dinner at Cadillac Ranch. Best chicken fried steak in the whole world. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. When we got home, Micah decided she wanted me to dye her hair (I'm still not sure if she's aware that I've never dyed anything....ever) so I did. And it looked amazing.

We literally shopped until we dropped the next day. One of those trips where you have to return to the car half way through because you can't carry all of the bags for one minute more. Aaron, Micah's boyfriend, met us at the Galleria and we left from there to head up to Stillwater.

I love going back to Stillwater. So many good memories of college life and friends. A group of us had dinner at Kyoto, a rather impressive (for a college town) hibachi restaurant. Lots of laughs and then I crashed thanks to being super jet lagged. I just couldn't hang with the group that stayed up until 5 playing life size Jenga (we'll get to that later). Such a wuss.

And that brings us to Saturday. Time to tailgate! And time to surprise my Dad who has absolutely NO idea I'm in town. But for that exciting story....you'll have to wait until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment