Thursday, May 5, 2011

Is This Really Necessary?

Unnecessary Item #1: Banana Slicer

I was unaware that slicing bananas had become so difficult. I'm trying to wrap my mind around this one. Apple corer? Practical. Potato peeler? Quite useful. But banana slicer? Really? You do realize that it's going to take you three times as long to clean that thing than if you'd just used a knife, right? I suppose for those of you who require your banana slices to be exact in size prior to falling into your cereal bowl, this is a God send. As for me, I'll stick with my knife or even....my teeth. Don't judge.

Unnecessary Item #2: The Voices Behind Sugarland


Did you know that I've never actually heard one of Sugarland's songs all the way through? And I enjoy my fair share of country music. But Sugarland? I'd rather stick my finger in the aforementioned banana slicer. Just make it stop. The overly fake twang has got to go. Every time I hear "Stuck Like Glue" come on the radio I honestly wish their lips were stuck together with glue.


Unnecessary Item #3: Fast and Furious 5


Fast and Furious Five. Five. Cinco. One two three four FIVE!!! Vin, Paul....come on boys. Give it a rest. And why I am not surprised Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has jumped on board? From one sinking ship to another, I suppose. Oh dear.

Unnecessary Item #4: Scotty McCreery Holding a Microphone

I have yet to determine why this bothers me so. But it's annoying. You're not playing the clarinet Mr. McCreery, you're singing. And making funny expressions and pretending to be gangster. But that's irrelevant. I like his voice, don't get me wrong, but if I were to ever watch this young lad in concert I hope for everyone's sake that he's playing the guitar and not caressing the microphone.

Unnecessary Item #5: Pajama Jeans


They've done it folks! The search is over! Jeans you can wear to bed. Just what we always wanted. I know I've often thought to myself as I'm getting ready for bed that if I could just climb in without actually having to put on a different pair of pants, life would be soooo much easier. And I could even wake up the next morning and head straight to the grocery store and the gym without anyone ever knowing that I haven't changed my pants since yesterday. And the icing on the cake is that if I order now they'll include a gray crew neck T-shirt that I can keep if I don't like my new pajama jeans. But I don't see that happening. You know those tiny little pockets are going to make booties of all shapes and sizes look just fabulous. And "Casual Friday" is going to take on a whole new meaning. Well done pajama jean creators. Jean crisis averted.

1 comment:

  1. The pajama jeans reminded me of "apartment pants". Hilarious! :)

    ReplyDelete