Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Preparing for Micah's Big Day

God’s timing could not have been better. Who knows if we would have been able to fly in from Germany for both Liam’s birth AND Micah and Aaron’s wedding. I can’t imagine missing either and fortunately I didn’t have to. I couldn’t have planned it better myself: *a few days with Mom * a great day with the bride-to-be discussing all of the last minute details while lounging by the pool * be there in time to see my little sister’s big ol’ pregnant belly (which I’d been dying to see) and for the birth of my nephew * a whole day to spend with Brad and his family * and still get back to do all the fun wedding stuff.

The minute I arrived back in Dallas I was in full on wedding mode. Ok, that’s a lie – first I slept then woke up and got a facial but THEN I was in full on wedding mode. Mom was hosting a bridal luncheon for Micah and I was busy helping out here and there. Amy arrived mid-afternoon and we went in search of jewelry to wear on our best friend’s big day.

That evening we enjoyed an incredible dinner at Cowtown Sushi in Southlake to celebrate my birthday. Honestly, some of the best sushi I’ve ever had…and it’s in a strip mall. We finished off the night tying ribbons on all of the programs and watching Ellen reruns.



The luncheon was fantastic! After the crazy week we’d just had, I would have thought having the whole thing catered would have been easiest. Not for Mrs. Milliner. My Mom promised Riley that if she ever had a gourmet kitchen, she’d become a gourmet chef. So far, she’s holding up her end of the bargain. She got the idea to do these darling individual bundt cakes from this little bakery called “Nothing Bundt Cakes” however she calls it “Nothing But Bundt Cakes.” She’s still a blonde at heart.





Following the luncheon, Amy and I packed up for our haul to McKinney. Micah and Aaron had about 20 friends and family show up to help set up for the ceremony and reception. This is saying A LOT because I kid you not, it was about 115 degrees inside. They were getting married at The Cotton Mill and the venue doesn’t turn the AC on when there isn’t an actual event being held. I was a hot mess in about 2 minutes flat.


Fortunately, Micah spoiled us and had booked a cottage at this adorable little B&B, The Virginia Rose, in downtown McKinney. So stinkin’ cute! She had really booked this as the place her and Aaron would spend their wedding night but it was also the perfect place for the three of us to get ready. The owner told us on arrival that the “R” above the bed stood for “Romance.” I assured him that for today it stood for “Really Good Friends,” the romance would have to wait.

The Virginia Rose




The rehearsal dinner was a blast! It was held at La Hacienda Ranch in Frisco. Aaron’s sweet little grandmother was the first to order a “frozen margarita, no salt, with a straw) and that go t the party started. Aaron’s family is from Louisiana and Micah’s family is from Kansas and Beaver, Oklahoma. It was a room full of fun loving, good hearted people. You just know God had a hand in not only bringing Micah and Aaron together, but these two families, as well.

Brad could be the 4th Evans brother



One word... T-r-o-u-b-l-e

The three of us ended the night with a glass of wine at the B&B. It was the perfect end to a wonderful day. If the bride was nervous about the following day, you couldn’t tell. She was cool as a cucumber even though in a few short hours, it would be her Wedding Day…

No comments:

Post a Comment