Saturday, January 30, 2010

Hailey's Big Day

Ahhh, I was home. Sure, I was just here a few months ago but stepping off the plane onto US soil was still exciting. Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t have traded our first Christmas with just the two of us for anything but I was quite anxious to see everybody. Not to mention, my little sis was getting married. Woo hoo!

I landed Monday evening in Oklahoma City, which I’m certain was actually colder than Germany at the time. We had a wonderful dinner at a great little sushi place then spent the rest of the evening at home relaxing by the fire. I had to soak it all in because this was the last week I’d spend at the home I grew up in. :*( Tear.

Tuesday was Lulu Day. I spent all day with my Dad and we had a blast! Lunch at a cool hibachi place, a little shopping…but mostly just walking around, afternoon margaritas, Avatar at the IMAX in 3D (if you haven’t seen it – do it!) and lastly dinner at Louie’s on the Lake. A good marble day.

My Mom and I drove to Tulsa the following day to go pick up the bride and check out her new place. Then it was nothing but wedding talk all the way home. You’ve got to love all of the last minute wedding details that suddenly pop up. But with this being the third wedding between us in less than a year, I’d like to think we had it down to an art….and by “we” I mean my Mom.

Once Friday arrived, it was all a blur after that. We had the rehearsal that afternoon at the chapel followed by the rehearsal dinner with friends and family. While the rehearsal dinner was fun, the party was just getting started.


While her big sister/Maid of Honor may live halfway across the world, Hailey was NOT getting married without at least some sort of a bachelorette party. Not on my watch. The tiara, the veil, the sash – the whole shebang. And we kicked it off at a fabulous little karaoke bar where I/we utterly embarrassed ourselves singing Dixie Chicks. This girl doesn’t sing…not well, anyway. But we had blast! It was so much fun hanging out with my little sis the night before her wedding! The singing was followed by dancing and we finally whisked the bride off to a hotel downtown to get some much needed sleep.



Our Grandma had a beautiful Bridal Luncheon in Hailey’s honor on Saturday morning at Deep Fork Grill. It was the perfect way to kick off her Big Day. The rest of the afternoon was spent doing all the girly stuff. Nails, hair, makeup. And before we knew it, we were all standing in the bridal room of the chapel helping her get her beautiful dress on.



To say she looked gorgeous would be an understatement. She was glowing and we all couldn’t wait to see this beautiful creature walk down the aisle to her man. The ceremony was lovely and how I didn’t completely lose it….I’ll never know.

But that part was over before we knew it and it was time to celebrate! Cake, toasts, champagne, dancing….I just love weddings! Everyone had a great time and we didn’t want the party to end. We sent the happy couple off and that was that.



My Mom and Riley hosted a brunch at the house for all of the out of town guests which was awesome. Mike made ALL of the food and you would have thought we’d had it professionally catered. Just incredible. After we stuffed our faces, I was able to have a little mini Christmas with family I missed seeing over the holidays.

We said our goodbyes and everyone hit the road on their journeys back home.

And that afternoon I dyed my hair brown. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment