Saturday, April 10, 2010

My Never Ending Battle

It's Saturday and it's early. My husband is asleep in bed and the pup has had her breakfast and is conked out....on the couch. This has become our routine on Saturdays and I must admit that I quite like it. Strange, I know, since I have the house to myself all day during the week but there's something almost peaceful about Saturday mornings.

But I can't find peace. Not anymore. Because as I look down at my cup of coffee, there is a Stella hair floating around in it. There always is.

This is my battle. And while I know I will lose this battle day in and day out, I have to keep fighting.

She's a Lab and they shed, I get that. And I know that this time of year they start to lose their winter coat. But come on now! This is out of control. Let me try to put this into perspective for you. Her hair is everywhere. Not everywhere as in I have to sweep and vacuum everyday because that's a given. It's E-V-E-R-Y-W-H-E-R-E.

On top of bookshelves. In the bathtub. On lampshades. In the curtains. On "clean" clothes hanging in the closet. Inside my workout bag. All over my pillow....she's not even allowed in our room. In the microwave (how does that even happen?). Inside pages of books. And today, not unlike most days, in my coffee.

She hates to be brushed but I hold her down and do it anyway. (Don't worry, she gets treats for doing it.) I typically come away with a plastic sack full of her hair. I've done this FIVE times and it still keeps on coming.

I can't win.




But I can't quit.

*sigh*

2 comments:

  1. I found one in my dinner last night... WE WENT OUT TO EAT!!! --- Brad

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL the joys of indoor pets! sardis hasn't been here for nearly two months and i'm still finding his little hairs. enjoy it b/c when you no longer go through lint rollers every month, you'll miss it :( are you using an undercoat brush? that should help loosen all of her extra fur. good luck!

    ReplyDelete